You, valued reader, may call me Ayaka. Before I lose your interest, let me tell you our topic: video games. Yeah, I went there. They are my passion and my future career.
I don’t really have a specific type, to be truthful. My game quest is simply to find a few good things: good storyline, great main objective, and an engrossing protagonist back story. Even… no, wait–especially an engrossing antagonist back story. (What? I like psychopaths… You don’t?) It makes up for any bad graphics or glitches.
I have many games to discuss, recommend, or tell you to avoid. I’m going start with one fairly known to gamers and even people who play games that are ran by trash talking ten-year-olds. *cough* Call of Duty *cough* (I’m joking! …mostly). Ahem… As I was saying, we will be discussing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
The So Many Reasons I Love Skyrim
1. It’s fantasy! I love escaping life into my own little fantasy. <3
2. I get to make my own adventure. I’m very violent which is not okay in society. This game let’s me become an assassin. I don’t like someone, I just kill him! Easy as that.
3. I am Dovahkiin! I like being the only hope for humanity. Makes me feel special in ways reality can’t.
4. My shouting kills people. You piss me off? I’m going to shout, which will throw you against the wall and slaughter you without me even touching you.
5. Politics can suck it. I. Am. The. Freaking. Dragonborn. If I tell you to give up your full-of-weapons city to your enemy I may or may not favor, you better do it, with a smile on your face. And, when I kill your Emperor, your guards better look the other way or I’ll let a dragon eat you.
It’s all about the choices
So I may be a bit power crazy… but all these choices, man! With all the possibilities, choices, beautiful graphics, well-made characters, and an amazing main storyline, this game is literally for everyone. Unless you’re like my mother and just can’t comprehend that you walk and turn your head with two different controls.
That’s it for me. * nonexistent boos* It’s all right, my lovelies. I shall return! If you guys want to send me (find my contact info below) links to free downloadable games, I’ll play and review them for you. Or, you can send me videos of you playing games, I’ll review them, and you! I’ll even share you on my Facebook page and website if I like them enough!
Note from Lori: In the future, only games that focus on storytelling or characterization will be mentioned on this site. However, Ayaka has her very own Twitter, site, and Facebook pages (above) where she will mention whatever she likes–or doesn’t.
“My Shouting Kills People, or Why Skyrim Owns Me” ~ Click to Tweet
Photo absolutely lifted from a Google image search. Since it’s used in a review, it’s probably fair use. Probably.