Love the name. I remember being a child/teen and being so absorbed in stories, so carried away by them. They were crucial to my existence. And, once or twice, I did read by flashlight. Hell, I’m still a sucker for a booklight. Every freaking time.
So, there’s a site. Flashlight Worthy Books. And it has reading lists. Over 300 of them. Awesome? I think so.
Seriously, take a look at some of these.
- 5 of the Best Children’s Books Grownups Will Love
- Books for the Serious Jane Austen Fan
- Call Me Crazy, Call Me True: Madness We Can All Relate To
- The Things We Do For Love
- The Chocolate and Peanut Butter of Noir and Speculative Fiction
Heh. I just made a list of booklists. But, seriously, go there, now, and find your own must-reads.
Almost forgot to add: I follow FLW books on Twitter. Always great info on books, authors, and–naturally–lists. You should, too.
Are you a professional journalist? You write very well.
Spam Snark!: No. But if you read my site instead of SPAMMING me, you’d get that’s the goal. Loser.