Twice a week, I’m going to post the very best content I’ve found online. On Monday, you’ll get my best writing finds for the last week. On Friday, the stuff that amuses, confuses, or maddens me.
- Windows Open or Closed by Kimberly Krey: The value of having an open mind while doing writerly things.
- Twitter Tuesday #27–Team-Building by Kristen Lamb: One in a (very amusing and informative) series about what-not-to-do if you want anyone at all to like you online. In this article, how to self-promote without being annoying or spammy.
- 10 Tips to Banish the Unpublished Writer Blues by Kathy Carmichael: Really smart advice on handling rejection so that you can grow and move on.
- Looking for a Critique Partner? by Mary Baader Kaley: Advice on how to search for a critique partner and an offer to place your CP want ad right on the page.
- 25 Ways to Fuck With Your Characters (Or, ‘Building Conflict One Cruelty at a Time’) by Chuck Wendig: Amazing plotting suggestions to put meat on your story and have your protag begging for mercy.
- How Many Projects Should You Have Before You Submit? by Scott Eagan: Wise words on waiting until you have some complete works in the drawer before you submit.
- I’d Rather be Writing by Heather L. Reid: That tug we all feel to write when life demands we do otherwise.
To ErrWrite is Human* by Veronika Walker*: It’s okay to struggle with writing. Really.~*Blog has been removed. Sorry.
When available, the author link goes to their Twitter page. Because I love twitter. And you should, too.